The 2016 NAIA Annual Conference
The 2016 NAIA National Conference
Date and Location: November 5-6, 2016, Orlando Florida. (Note: there will be a reception the evening of November 3)
Double Tree by Hilton, Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Drive, Orlando, Florida, 32821, USA
Sure you will be attending? Click here to reserve your room today on the special group page!
Group Name: Nationl Animal Interest Alliance
Group Code: NAI
Speakers and Presentations:
- Pat Shipman, PhD, author of The Invaders: How Humans and Their Dogs Drove Neanderthals to Extinction, the co-evolution of dogs and people;
- Heather Huson, PhD, Assistant Professor of Animal Genetics, Cornell University: Managing small gene pools; examining the Alaskan sled dog and its unique DNA performance markers;
- John David Waters, DVM, PhD, Dr. Waters’s research on aging, stress, and superlongevity in dogs is fascinating, and his “Old Grey Muzzle” tour is inspiring to anybody who loves dogs and hates cancer;
- Cathleen Enright, PhD, CEO of the Pet Food Institute, the debate over GMOs;
- Cindy Buckmaster, PhD and Carolyn Sterner, Homes for Animal Heroes: rehoming the heroic dogs who have helped us treat and cure diseases;
- Candace Croney, PhD, Purdue, changes and improvements in Canine Welfare;
- Scott Terrell, DVM, Animal Health Director for Disney’s Animal Kingdom, animal care to inspire and change the world.
Brochure coming soon!
This conference will be as inspiring as it is informative, sporting some of the most brilliant minds in animal care and science.
Hope to see you there, and check back regularly as our list of speakers, topics, and panels continues to expand!